We are so grateful for the generosity of those who donate.
Please bring donations to:
The Pixie Project
510 NE MLK Blvd in Portland, OR
Or purchase items from our Wish List that will ship directly to us from Amazon.com.
ITEMS ALWAYS IN NEED:
- High quality dog food (wet and dry)
- High quality cat food (wet and dry)
- note: While we are very grateful for donations of all types it is important for the health and wellbeing of the animals in our care that we maintain proper nutrition based on each ones individual dietary needs. It is for this reason that we ask that any donated food be free of additives, colorants and unnatural preservatives. The general rule of thumb is if it is purchased at a grocery store it is likely not a high quality food and will contain some of the above ingredients. For questions or clarification on foods accepted please feel free to contact us.
- Advantage/Frontline/Comfortis/Advantix or other non-store bought varieties of flea control. This is a huge expense to our shelter as every animal must be treated upon intake into the Pixie Project.
- Unused or expired medications of all types.
- note: The Pixie Project’s largest expense is vet care and mediations. If your pet has used a medication that it no longer needs it can go to great use helping homeless animals. All prescription medications are given directly to our veterinary clinic and are prescribed and used by our vetrinarian. Expired and opened medications are always accepted. If you have any questions about particular medications please feel free to call, email or stop in.
- Bully Sticks / Rawhides / Chews
- Kongs and other interactive chew/food dispensing toys
- Raw Bones
- Donations of gently used dog and cat beds and crate pads are greatly appreciated. Fleece blankets, sheets and other foldable bedding. Comforters, knitted blankets and wool items as well as beds that are heavily used and not able to be entirely washed are not able to be used for sanitation reasons.
- Front clip harnesses or gentle leaders / halti head harnesses
- Crates and kennels for both dogs and cats
- Simple Green brand cleaner, Windex or other window cleaner and bleach are always in need.
- Paper towels
- Garbage bags
- Printer paper, pens, and other office supplies.