Dog Adoption Policies:
- All current pets in the home must be spayed or neutered in order to adopt a dog from the Pixie Project
- We do not adopt litter mates in pairs
- We do not adopt out ‘outdoor dogs.’ Our dogs are adopted out as family pets.
- An adoption application must be filled out and submitted to the Pixie Project via fax, email or in person prior to setting up a meet and greet.
- The primary applicant listed on the application must be the intended owner. One cannot apply for or adopt a dog for another person.
- We do not allow tail docking, ear cropping or other cosmetic surgeries on our adopted dogs.
Cat Adoption Policies
- All current pets in the home must be spayed or neutered in order to adopt a cat from the Pixie Project
- Kittens under four months old must go to a home with another animal or two animals must be adopted at once (this is for the benefit of both adopter and adoptee).
- We do not allow declawing, dentonectamies, or other elective surgeries in our adopted cats. If a declawed cat is desired we will happily assist you in finding a great previously declawed kitty in our shelter.
- We at the Pixie Project, do not have an indoor only policy with our cats. We do however always strive to put the right cat in the right environment so we always ask that potential adopters speak openly and honestly about their plans regarding outdoor access for cats. This will allow us to properly match the right cat with a safe and happy environment.
- An adoption application must be filled out and submitted via email, fax or in person to the Pixie Project prior to meeting one of our adoptable animals.
(Please email a completed scan of the application as pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (503)542-3437, or feel free to drop off in person.)