ATTENTION POTENTIAL VOLUNTEERS: Due to the overwhelming amount of volunteer interest we receive, we may not have a new orientation available for several weeks. We appreciate your patience and your willingness to support animals in need!
SPRING 2017 ORIENTATION DATES:
Tuesday, April 11th from 6-7 pm
Saturday, April 29th from 9-10 am
Tuesday, May 16th from 6-7 pm
Saturday, May 27th from 9-10 am
If you are interested in attending an orientation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can sign you up and provide the details. Orientations are generally NOT held at the shelter. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to volunteering for at least 3 months. NOTE: For liability reasons, we can only accept volunteers who are 16 years or older.
Volunteering is a great way to enrich the lives of animals. Through the help of volunteers we are able to provide one-on-one socialization for the animals as well as a clean and safe living environment. Volunteers are key in supporting staff and assisting in the care of the animals. Whether you are a dog person, cat person, or a little bit of both, we have plenty of ways for you to help! Please contact email@example.com to get involved!
Please note: All of our current opportunities are available for single volunteers only. Due to the nature of the volunteer positions, it can be difficult for us to accommodate pairs or groups of volunteers. For more information, feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator via email any time.
- Dog Walker
– Dog walkers allow dogs to get out of the building and into the fresh air for some exercise. They also provide valuable feedback on the dog’s personality while walking and how they react to stimuli in the big city. Dog walking shifts are available in 30-60 minute increments Tues-Fri 11-5 and Sat 11-4. Due to the popularity of this volunteer job, we limit dog-walking volunteers to two shifts per week.
- Dog Kennels
– Volunteers in our kennel area will help us with a multitude of “behind the scenes” tasks including potty walks, cutting up treats, making kongs, and LOTS of cleaning! Going through dog walking training is a prerequisite for this job. We particularly need early risers who can help us do morning potty walks (7 am), so let us know if you are morning person!
– Cattery volunteers will help staff maintain the cleanliness of the cattery and provide playtime and socialization for the kitties. They will also be responsible for cleaning and handling cats in the isolation area. Cattery shifts are twice a day (morning and evening) every day. The morning shifts begin at 10 am and the evening shift starts at 5 pm. Each shift generally lasts 1-2 hours.
- Events and Outreach
– These volunteers will help us at events by handling animals and talking to the public about Pixie Project and the positives of animal adoption.
– Do you have a car and a desire to help Pixie? You can be a transporter! We are in need of volunteers to help us pick up animals as well as donations. The need ranges from in-town transports to out of town road trips, so let us know what you are interested in!
We thank our wonderful volunteers and appreciate the remarkable job they do for the animals, the adoption center, and our community.
Thank you for your support!
Your friends at the Pixie Project